- Polyethersulfone (PES) is a heat-resistant, transparent, non-crystalline engineering plastic
- PES is a tough and rigid resin similar to conventional engineering plastics, such as polycarbonate, at room temperature.
- Far better high-temperature properties than conventional engineering plastics
- Heat resistance (Short-term heat resistance: HDT is 200 to 210ºC, Long-term heat resistance: UL temperature index is 180ºC)
- Long-term continuous use without causing any dimensional
- Change or physical deterioration at temperatures as high as 200ºC.
- Good Dimensional stability
- Flame retardancy( PES is certified for UL94-VO)
- Excellent creep resistance.
- PES shows excellent electrical properties, which are retained even in a high-temperature range
- Automotive - headlight reflectors, In the Interior/Exterior market, in fuse holders, headlamp housings/reflectors, Electric circuit breaker parts, gear shift forks and other Automotive electronics
- Polysulfone is used as a dielectric in capacitors, sensors.
- Polysulfone can be reinforced with glass fibers. The resulting composite material has twice the tensile strength and three time increase of its modulus.
- Polysulfone is used as filtration media: water purification membranes, reverse osmosis membranes, dairy membranes, food trays